Yesterday at work was all about chicken 65 and dehydration. Today was all about drowning. Drowning in work that is. SSIS packages. Yick! Sorry Microsoft. But I have to grade you as an “F” on SSIS packages. I came home and was ready to wash away the yickiness in my very own spa aka kitchen.
The happy thoughts of us digging into the sweet and spicy chicken from yesterday flooded my brain and drove away SSIS packages. Buh-bye sssssssiiiissssss!! And I love building on happy thoughts.
So sweet and spicy chicken take-2 it was going to be today. I wanted to use the French bread I had made Saturday so I decided to make a French pizza and top it with the sweet and spicy chicken.
This dinner was rated as five out of five stars by my family. That makes the effort so worth it! And if you think I worked my behind off on this, you will be wrong. This was an easy peasy dinner to make.
*Makes 8 6″-8″ French pizzas
**For the sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 serrano peppers – finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh ginger – finely chopped
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup red wine
**For the chicken:
2 cups packed shredded chicken (I shredded a rotisserie chicken )
3 cups thinly sliced colored peppers
1.5 cup packed chopped green onions
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4-1/2 tsp salt – based on salt
**For the pizza
4 Loaves of French bread – cut in half, length wise and then cut each half into two. Each half (quarter) will form the crust of the pizza.
Cheese – as much or as little as you like and any kind you like.
Pizza sauce – 2 cups (you may need more if you like more sauce on your pizza)
1. Mix the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
2. Add the oil in a large saute pan. When the oil is hot, add the green onions.
3. When the green onions are almost cooked, add the sauce ingredients.
4. Cook till wine is reduced by half and the sauce starts bubbling.
5. Increase heat to high, add the peppers, mix well with the sauce and cook till peppers are half way cooked.
6. Add the chicken and salt (start with 1/4 tsp) and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat to low and cover and cook the chicken mixture for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. Start layering the pizza. On a foil covered baking sheet, lay the pizza crusts. Top each crust with as much or as little pizza sauce as you like. Then layer with the sweet and spicy chicken and as much or as little cheese as you like.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes till the cheese melts and bread gets toasty.
Please let me know what you thought of the recipe if you do try it.
Till next time,