This dish is a hit every time I make it. I have made it for office parties, dinner parties and for dinner at home. And every time without fail, people ask me for the recipe and for the leftovers. Luckily for me, Ajay and Avinash love it. What better way to make sure they eat their vegetables than to add it in a dish they enjoy.
Vegetable kurma (Based on this recipe)
*Served 4-6 hungry people
French Beans- 10 cut finely
Carrot-1 cut finely
Potato-1 cut finely
Cauliflower- ½ cup
(You can use frozen cut veggies too)
Onions-2 chopped finely
Tomato-1 big chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste- 3 tsp
2 bay leaves
Salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
Green chillies- 3-4 or according to taste
Coriander seeds- 1tsp
Saunf or Aniseed- 1tsp
Shredded Coconut – 5 tbsp
Cilantro – 4 tsp finely chopped
Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Olive oil – 1.5 tbsp
1. In a pan, fry the “to grind” ingredients in the 1.5 tbsp of olive oil till the onion is slightly browned. Grind to a fine paste by adding water and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the bay leaves. Saute the onions. Once the onion is transparent, add the ginger-garlic paste. Mix to combine. Saute for a minute or so.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes. Saute till cooked.
4. Add the paste prepared above in step 1.
5. Add salt to taste and let the mixture cook for 4-5 minutes
6. Add the chopped vegetables.
7. I also added a can of red beans which I rinsed thoroughly and about 2.5 cups of chopped tofu.
8. Serve with chapati/paratha. Enjoy~!