This pasta dish was unanimously voted a winner. A keeper. Luckily for me, it is also a very simple dish to make. I meant to add shrimp to the pasta, but I forgot. But luckily no one missed it. I would however recommend adding the protein (tofu, chicken, shrimp, beef) to the pasta to make it a more filling meal.
Sesame pasta: (Based on this recipe)
* 12 ounces, pasta or noodles, Cooked And Drained
*For the sauce:*
* ¼ cups Soy Sauce
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar
* 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
* 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
* 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
* ½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
* 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
* 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
* 1.5 tsp ginger-garlic paste
* 2 cups green beans
* 2 cups chopped mushrooms
* 2 cups chopped sweet peppers
* 2.5 tbsp olive oil
2.5 tbsp lightly toasted sesame seeds
1. Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
2. In a pan add the olive oil, once hot add the onions and ginger-garlic paste
3. Once the onion is caramelized, add the green beans, mushrooms and peppers. Once the vegetables and cooked and slightly caramelized add in the pasta. Mix to coat.
4. Add in the sauce made above. Mix, mix, mix. Turn off the stove.
5. Cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
6. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.